Pronto e Fresco - Italian Style
He was conceived to cook, made to marinate, born to bocconcini. His name is Michele Pizza.
With a moniker like that he was surely put on this earth to create authentic Italian food. He is the Pronto e Fresco head chef. For his antipasto, Signor Michele insists on the freshest produce and finest ingredients. The oil must be canola, the herbs must be hand-picked and the vinegar must be balsamic for a sweeter, more delicate flavour. And as for preservatives, additives and artificial flavours – Michele won’t stand for any of it.
Michele now presents a delicious selection of recipes featuring his premium ingredients. Please check back from time to time to see the latest featured recipe. Enjoy!
Semi-dried Tomato Chicken
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 120g é Fresco semi-dried tomatoes (1 tub)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Drain é Fresco semi-dried tomatoes and retain dressing. Roughly chop tomatoes.
- Combine semi-dried tomatoes, garlic, herbs, olive oil and seasoning in a large heavy based baking dish. Add chicken drumsticks and toss well to coat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water, cover with foil and steam-bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for a further 15 minutes, or until water has dried and chicken is golden brown.
- Pour dressing from semi-dried tomatoes over chicken and serve.